Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Food servers to pick up and deliver meals to homebound seniors
- Kitchen help to serve meals, clean tables
- Advocates to represent “at-risk” children in court proceedings
- Office assistant to answer telephones, typing, filing, etc.
- Museum aids to give tours, data research, typing, general duties
- Crisis line support (36 hours of special training required)
- Classroom assistants needed to help teachers with classroom activities
- Persons to read select books to children and build caring relationships with them
- Thrift store needs help to sort and hang clothes
- Disaster Action Team volunteers needed for immediate assistance to victims
- Instructors to teach health/safety courses to adults and children
- Respite care volunteers to do errands for persons who care for dying family members
- Driver & escorts needed to transport clients to and from appointments
- Person to take blood pressure of seniors one day (two hours) per month
- Assistant volunteer coordinators needed to help recruit/organize volunteer activities
- Maintenance/handyman to do odd jobs such as painting, waxing floors, washing walls, pull weeds, other duties
- Gift store clerk to answer telephone, handle cash/make change, etc.
- Tutors needed to help students with reading and math skills
- Blood mobile clerical support needed
- After school recreation site needs adult mentors to supervise activities
- Laundry and sewing assistant to wash and iron clothing, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Caring people need to make “buddy” phone calls to shut-in seniors
How to Volunteer
To volunteer or to just find out more about the current volunteer opportunities, contact the Volunteer Center at 541-882-5558 or CLICK HERE to register on-line.